Hello everyone. I’m back in your inbox this morning with your new copy of the Lakewood Daily. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in the city.
First today’s weather:
Mostly sunny. High: 87 Low: 76.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Lakewood? Let us help you reach potential home buyers and differentiate yourself from the competition. Click here to learn more.
Here are today’s top 3 stories in Lakewood:
- Lakewood was listed as one of the top suburban neighborhoods to relocate to by Thrillist, a New York-based online media site covering food, drink, travel, and entertainment. The article highlights affordability, cultural diversity and the local food scene. Immigrant Son Brewery, Western Reserve, Aladdin’s, and Indian Garden are just a few of the well-known restaurants and breweries. (thrillist)
- is hosting an Outdoor Rec Fest downtown on Saturday, July 2 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. The event focuses on hiking, biking, tubing, kayaking, fishing and rock climbing. “Exciting outdoor recreation opportunities in Cuyahoga Falls are expanding for residents and visitors alike,” said Mayor Don Walters. (Cleveland.com)
- Temperatures will continue to warm up today with highs of around 90 degrees. A cold front will move into the area on Sunday, bringing more moisture and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. An initial alert was raised during severe storms, particularly in east and south Cleveland. (Cleveland 19 messages)
Help us to make this newsletter better!
We’ve had so much positive feedback about the Lakewood Daily that we’re starting to get a big head. Would like bring us back to earth with constructive feedback? Then use our simple – and fast! — Reader survey. Your feedback helps us ensure we cover the kind of local news, events and gossip that you really care about. And it will help us achieve our goal of being a must-have local resource and the last email you’d ever unsubscribe from.
We’d love to hear your feedback so much that we’ll put your email address in a when you take the survey Drawing for a little mountain of patch swag. You know you want this tote bag – so click the link and give it to us directly. Thanks very much!
Take the survey 👉
Today in Lakewood:
- heartbeat drum circle At Center Space (3:00 p.m.)
- Michelle Malone In Eddie’s Attic (7:00 p.m.)
- Jarren Benton Show At the Masquerade (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Smell the roses at the rose show at the Ascension Church today (Saturday 25 June) and tomorrow (Sunday, June 26) from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m The show includes 47 classes of horticultural specimens of all types of roses and eight classes of rose arrangements. (The Lakewood Observer)
- Enjoy the fun and celebration of the Ohio Scottish Games & Celtic Festival today from 8am to 10pm at the Cuyahoga County Fairgrounds, Berea. There will be a Bagpipe Competition, Stones of Strength Competition, Highland Dancing, Harp & Fiddle Competition and much more. (The Lakewood Observer)
- Come and support Amplify the Voice, a benefit concert for Ukraine tonight at 7pm at Severance Hall. The event is presented by The Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus of North America and The United Ukrainian Organizations of Ohio. (The Lakewood Observer)
You are officially posted today. Up soon!
— Karl Varner