- A commitment by the DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation to donate 100,000 DSG branded sports bras to low-resource athletes across the country over the next 18 months. To distribute the sports bras, the foundation will partner with Good Sports, a non-profit organization that provides sports equipment, clothing and shoes to young athletes in need. Sports bras are an essential piece of equipment for girls, but many girls do not have access to them, which can contribute to an increased dropout rate in sports. Research shows that girls by the age of 14 are twice as likely to quit exercise as boys.1 In addition, 73% of girls have body concerns when they play. 2
- The establishment of the company’s first Girls’ Power Panel for girls ages 13-17 with the aim of empowering a younger generation of women to gain general insights into sports issues, contributions to product offerings and initiatives for the company accomplish and help overcome obstacles for women in sport. Starting today, interested young women can apply or learn more by completing the online application.
- #StrongerWithSports, a National Day Social Challenge for Girls and Women in Sports that aims to demonstrate the strength girls and women gain from participating in sports. Candace Parker, Sydney Leroux and Morgan Simians belong to the group of today’s female sports lawyers and executives who support the challenge. Everyone will post a sports photo when they are younger, describing how exercise has had a positive impact on their life, and encourage others to post in support of the challenge on National Girls and Women in Sports Day (3 February). The company is aware of the valuable lessons in life and trust sports offerings, and hopes that current and past female athletes of all skill levels will join in these efforts to celebrate the power of sport and encourage greater participation among young girls.
- Offers an exclusive drop from Brooks Running’s “Empower Her” collection, specially designed to celebrate National Girls & Women in Sports Day. The product line, including a variety of shoes, apparel and accessories, will be available immediately in DICK’S stores nationwide and online at dicks.com February 1st. Part of the turnover from this special collection up to a total donation of $ 500,000 will help the DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation provide direct support through girls-equipped running programs for girls across the country.
“DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to empowering girls and women in sport. We know that young female athletes who have access to the right equipment and can look up to other female athletes are more likely to stay in a sports program and develop their skills than equipping future leaders, “he said Lauren Hobart, President, DICK’S Sporting Goods and The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation. “We want to stay at the top of the advocacy for athletes and track and field athletes.”
These 2021 initiatives follow the company’s actions in 2020 when the DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation becomes a $ 5 million United for Girls initiative from the US Soccer Foundation, began partnering with USA Softball expanded its in-store and online offering for women and launched a marketing campaign celebrating the power of the sports bra.
In addition, DICK’S Sporting Goods has been named Signature Partner for the National Day of Girls and Women in Sports 2021, supported by the Women’s Sports Foundation. This year is the 35th annual celebration. DICK’S Sporting Goods will be co-presentation sponsor of Girls Fest, a 90-minute virtual event streamed on YouTube for girls from elementary school to high school.
1st P. (2008). Going Out and Playing: Youth Sports in America. East Meadow, NY: Women’s Sports Foundation
2. The influence of the chest on exercise and exercise in schoolgirls in the United Kingdom
About DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc.
Founded in 1948, DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. is a leading omni-channel sporting goods retailer offering a full range of authentic, high-quality sports equipment, apparel, shoes and accessories. From October 31, 2020The company operated 732 DICK’S Sporting Goods locations across Europe The United StatesThey serve and inspire athletes and outdoor enthusiasts to give their personal best by offering dedicated teammates, in-store services and unique shop-in-shops for team sports, sportswear, golf, lodge / outdoor, fitness and shoes.
Headquarters in Pittsburgh, PADICK’S also owns and operates the specialty stores Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream as well as GameChanger, a mobile youth sports app for planning, communication and live scorekeeping. DICK’S offers its products via a dynamic e-commerce platform that is integrated into the branch network and offers customers the convenience and expertise of a 24-hour branch. For more information, please visit the Investor Relations page at dicks.com.
About the DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation
The DICK’S Sporting Goods Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt non-profit organization with the aim of inspiring and enabling participation in sport. It was established by DICK’S Sporting Goods, Inc. as a private corporate foundation to support DICK’s charitable and philanthropic activities.
Contact: DICK’S Sportartikel – [email protected]
SOURCE DICK’S sporting goods