HELEN – Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is accepting over $1.3 million in recreational grant applications. Applications are being accepted for the Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Program, the Montana Trail Stewardship Grant Program, and the Summer Motorized Trail Pass Grant Program. Applications can be submitted through the online system at foundation.mt.gov. Application deadlines vary and are given below.

The Federal Recreational Trails Program grant cycle opened on November 1. For more information, see https://fwp.mt.gov/aboutfwp/grant-programs/recreational-trails.

Trail Stewardship Grant Program: The Trail Stewardship Program is a federally funded grant program that awards grants for construction and maintenance projects of motorized and non-motorized trails or trail-related facilities.

Motorized Trail Summer Pass Grant Program: A scholarship program funded by the creation of the OHV Trail Pass. This is the second funding cycle of the program. The program awards funds to non-state agencies for the maintenance of OHV trails on public lands.

Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Program: This is a government-sponsored program. This program provides project funding aimed at enhancing and maintaining OHV recreational opportunities for the benefit of OHV enthusiasts in Montana.

A virtual training session will be offered for prospective Trail Stewardship Grant Program applicants on November 17 at 3:00 p.m. This session is free and highly recommended for new and returning applicants. The training covers all eligibility requirements, tips on how to write a competitive application and how to use the grant management software. A Zoom link to the training is available on the Trail Stewardship Grant Program website and the replay will be posted on the page for those unable to attend the live event. https://fwp.mt.gov/aboutfwp/grant-programs/trail-stewardship

Training is provided as needed for prospective Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Program and Summer Motorized Trail Pass Grant Program applicants.

For more information on taking a grant application training course or applying for one of these opportunities, visit: https://fwp.mt.gov/aboutfwp/grant-programs.

For questions about the Trail Stewardship Grant Program, contact Tom Lang at [email protected]

For questions about the Summer Motorized Trail Pass Grant Program and the Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Program, contact Seth McArthur at [email protected]