Hearth service tells individuals to not use tenting stoves indoors at winter

0
12

‘DO NOT use camp stoves, grills or patio heaters in your home’.

That’s the message from Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service, who have issued a warning to people who may be using them to keep warm or cook with them this winter to save money.

The fire service said using stoves or grills indoors is “really dangerous” and could also cause carbon monoxide poisoning.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service wrote on social media: “We know people are trying to find cheaper ways to stay warm and cook at home this winter but please don’t be tempted to bring camping stoves, Using grills or patio heaters indoors is your property.”

The spokesman added: “Using camping stoves or grills indoors is really dangerous. They are designed for outdoor use only and can cause carbon monoxide poisoning – even with the doors and windows open.

“The same applies to patio heaters, which are only suitable for outdoor use.”

For tips and advice on how to save safely this winter, visit dwfire.org.uk/safety/save-safely/