Take an outdoor adventure along the Ocoee River or through Yellowstone National Park with UAB Adventure Recreation.
This year, explore the great outdoors with Adventure Recreation at the University of Alabama in Birmingham.
Over the next 12 months, UAB will offer several exciting opportunities for people of all experience and skill levels, such as: For example, exploring Yellowstone National Park, backpacking the Sonoran Desert and skiing the slopes of western North Carolina.
The list of adventures 2022-2023 includes:
- September 2-5: Great Smokey Mountains and Nantahala Outdoor Center
- October 14-16: Backpacking in the Mount Cheaha Wilderness Area
- October 22nd, March 4th and August 12th: Climbing at Sandrock
- November 12: Caving at Tumbling Rock
- December 12-16 and January 13-16: Skiing in western North Carolina
- February 25: Mountain biking at Oak Mountain State Park
- 11-18 March: Backpacking in Tonto National Forest
- April 4-14: Backpacking into the Sipsey Wilderness
- 19-21 May: Whitewater rafting and camping on the Chattooga River
- June 24: Canoe trip in Cahaba
- 14-24 July: Yellowstone National Park
Meals and two experienced guides are provided on all excursions to ensure a fun and safe outdoor experience. Adventures are open to students, members of University Recreation and members of the community.
To register or for more information, visit uab.edu/students/universityrecreation/programs/outdoor-pursuits/trip-series or call 205-996-6994.