Particular person severely injured after gasoline bottle explodes in freedom tenting car in Whangārei

0
25

Firefighters and emergency services were alerted to the explosion just after 6 a.m. File Photo / Bevan Conley

One person has been taken to hospital after a reported explosion of an LPG cylinder inside a camper van.

Fire and Emergency was called to Selwyn Ave in Whangārei just after 6am today with reports that one person had been injured following a “gas cylinder incident at a freedom camper,” shift supervisor Josh Pennefather said.

A fire investigator was on site, he said.

A police spokeswoman said police had also been informed of the incident and one person was taken to hospital.

A St. John spokesman said one person was seriously injured and taken to Northland Base Hospital by ambulance.